Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

smartnet for asa5505

I recently bought a ASA5505 unlimited user for home use and will it come with the latest firmware/software?  (i bought it froma amazon).

Also i'm looking for buying smartnet for this device, i need support as well device replacement (response time doesnt matter), what is the best option i need to buy (i saw i can buy smartnet in CDW)

Thanks for any help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

smartnet for asa5505

If you got it from a legitimate reseller on Amazon, it will be eligible for a Smartnet service contract. CON-SNT-AS5ULBK9 would be the correct line item.

If it was grey market / personal resale, you may not be able to get Smartnet support. CDW (or whomever) should be validating your device with Cisco by serial number.

Re: smartnet for asa5505

You're welcome.

The Smartnet contract is a one year price. You get Cisco TAC support and hardware coverage for that year.

3 REPLIES

smartnet for asa5505

If you got it from a legitimate reseller on Amazon, it will be eligible for a Smartnet service contract. CON-SNT-AS5ULBK9 would be the correct line item.

If it was grey market / personal resale, you may not be able to get Smartnet support. CDW (or whomever) should be validating your device with Cisco by serial number.

Community Member

Thanks for the reply. I talked to cisco and they confirmed that i need purchase smartnet as well for my device

I will purchase that smartnet service, will that be covered for lifetime or 1 year?

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/Cisco-SMARTnet-extended-service-agreement/1078996.aspx

You're welcome.

The Smartnet contract is a one year price. You get Cisco TAC support and hardware coverage for that year.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content