Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

smon MIB problems on 7200

I am having problems retrieving traffic stats from a fast ethernet/802.1q sub-interface using the SMON MIB on a 7200 running 12.3(11)T, 12.3(14)T and 12.4(4)T images. The sub-interface reports itself as an iftype 135 = l2vlan which according to my management platform means that interface stats need to be retrieved with the smon MIB. When I try to do this I get a no such object message despite CCO saying that the MIB is Supported but Not Verified for my image. I have tried using the latest images but still get the same problem.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem and found a workaround? I did not find any DDTSes to cover this problem.

Is there any way of retrieving SMON info on this image or an alternative image that works (specifically for smonVlanIdStatsId and smonVlanIdStatsTotalPkts)? Is there any way of getting the sub-interface to report itself as something other than l2vlan so the management platform will try to use a different MIB, such as ifInOctets and ifOutOctets?

Thanks

Tim Macdonald

CCIE #14961

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content