cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

T1 QoS Questions

jkloza
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, I have a few questions that I could use some help on :)..

I currently have a T1 link that has no QoS settings at all (L3). Through this link, we pass exchange traffic to offsite clients, all domain services, www traffic, and many other things.

I would like to know exactly how to configure this link so we can prioritize the exchange update traffic, and the web traffic (2nd, behind exchange).

Again, I know this isn't always recommended, but when users are transfering files back and forth between sites, the network at our offsite location runs terrible (I'm assuming that its because theres a large file being transferred, and packets aren't prioritized correctly)..

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

mheusing
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The details and recommendations regarding QoS can be found in the "Enterprise QoS Solution Reference Network Design Guide Version 3.3"

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/netsol/ns432/c649/ccmigration_09186a008049b062.pdf

This document should pretty much answer your questions and guide you to a solution.

Hope this helps!

Regards, Martin

sivakondalarao
Level 1
Level 1

hi ; you need to put a qos for each application based on it portnumber or ipaddress then u need to create a class on which these ip are grouped and polciy will do the BW limiting for this particular class

refer cisco QOS configs

stanleyb
Level 1
Level 1

Try this bellow or you can try using "auto qos voip trust" under the Serial Interface. Hope it helps.

config t

ip cef

class-map match-all EXCHANGE

match source-address mac (ENTER MAC ADDRESS of EXCHANGE SRV, repeat if you have more exchange servers)

class-map match-all WWW

match protocol http

policy-map INPOLICY

class EXCHANGE

set dscp ef

class WWW

set dscp af31

policy-map OUTPOLICY

class EXCHANGE

priority percent 60

class WWW

bandwidth percent 30