cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Terminal Service and VPN

fabarc
Level 1
Level 1

I have reason to believe that a DSL line to the president of the company is unreliable. For this reason, he has very limited success attaching to a terminal service server located at the office. Now, the VPN connection is established with out any problem. He has the same profile and setup as all my other DSL users that have great success connecting to the terminal service server. A few things to note:

-The client software is on a Windows XP Home Edition system

-There is a an enormous amount of Packets Discarded (about 85 in five minutes) accourding to the client softwares statistics.

-When connecting to a Terminal Service server, the connecting indicator is displayed for a long duration and then a terminal service disconnection notice is displayed as though I did not respond to the login query that was not presented.

Is there any way to circumvent this issue?

1 Reply 1

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

Did you check the bugtool kit for any known problems while installing vpn client on Windows XP Home Edition system ??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card