cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Terminal Services Client & Pix 515

thivi432
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Pix 515 firewall and when we are outside the office, we start the Cisco vpn client to have acces to the LAN. In the LAN, we have a Windows 2000 Terminal Server. We can have access to this server from outside the office very easily by starting the vpn client and open term. serv. client.

But there is a problem, when we want to connect to the terminal server through the vpn client with Windows 2000/XP in dial-up connection, the terminal server always crash with the same error "Connecion Timed Out".

What can i do to resolve this problem?

Charles

4 Replies 4

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

The first thing I would try if you are not doing this already is to put the IP address of the server in the space where you would normally put the name. If this works this points to a WINS issue. You can also try putting the FQDN of the Terminal Server in that same space.

That's what i do all the time.

Other idea?

Thanks

Charles

Can you ping the TS? I am a concentrator VPN guy not a PIX VPN guy but was wondereing if you have to open port 3389 to allow the TS connection since you are doing the VPN on a firewall. If that isn't it then I am sure some other lurkers here will chime in eventually

I can connect to the same terminal server by vpn with the ethernet interface, so the port is suppose to be open and we can access to the terminal server in dial up with the vpn client in Windows 98/ME.

Very weird, only Windows 2000/XP can't.

Charles

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card