Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to connect cisco 2950 using telnet

ngiridharrao
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i have two switches (cisco 2950)  i am going to configure the swithc configuration using tlenet unfortunately i given Vlan IP same for both and copied to "running config" but it was came with some errors. After some time i was unable to connect to both swithes using Tlenet. iy gives an eror as "unablle to open port no 23".

please can anybody tell me how i can go back to old configuration. (still the switch was not rebooted)

thnks in advance

1 Reply 1

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hi,

i have two switches (cisco 2950)  i am going to configure the swithc configuration using tlenet unfortunately i given Vlan IP same for both and copied to "running config" but it was came with some errors. After some time i was unable to connect to both swithes using Tlenet. iy gives an eror as "unablle to open port no 23".

please can anybody tell me how i can go back to old configuration. (still the switch was not rebooted)

thnks in advance

Hi,

Check out the below link for recovering the password and configuration in cisco 2950 switches hopw that help

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_password_recovery09186a0080094184.shtml

If helpful do rate the post

Ganesh.H

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card