cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Remote Desktop to workstation defined in MGMT interface

axa-wongjeff
Level 1
Level 1

As an administrator, I have my office computer defined as a static route on the management interface of my ASA. I wanted the ASA to understand that my computer is allowed for management of the ASA using the ASDM GUI.

route mgmt 10.100.47.183 255.255.255.255 10.73.132.1 1

From an outside Internet link, I established an VPN connection to my work network via the ASA. I attempted to Remote Desktop to my office computer in order to do some ASA configuration. I'm unable to establish a RDP connection.

Remote Desktop definitely is working on my home computer and my office computer accepts requests. I did some packet trace and noticed that the Remote Desktop requests definitely stops at the ASA.

I'll hold off on details so that this post won't be lengthy. Just looking to see if anyone else has encountered a similar Remote Desktop issue on the management-only interface.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Ivan Martinon
Level 7
Level 7

Is this management interface defined as management only? If so, then traffic will not go trough the asa from one interface to the management one.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card