Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Unespected device report on syslog RME 3.4 VMS

I am monitoring the logs from a CISCO PIX 506E firewall (6.3.1)on RME 3.4 VMS. I see the logs only on the Unespected device report, when I try to get a Severity summary report from that device I can not. In the RME documentation I found that the syslog for that device, it is supported. The question is: Could I get any syslog report from that device? or not?, if I could, what also do I have to do to get them?.

The RME is installed on the same machine that the VMS is installed. (Windows 2K Server SP3)

1 REPLY
Blue

Re: Unespected device report on syslog RME 3.4 VMS

First, make sure that all of the settings are the same in the configs including Logging server IP, severity, facility.

Next, make sure that devices are in RME.

Unexpected Device shows all the devices that are sending logging messages to CiscoWorks but are not configured in RME.

If you see the logging messages in that report - your device may be managed by a different IP address than the one it is receiving the logging messages from. Perform a reverse NSLOOKUP to determine the IP that CiscoWorks uses for the device. Set the logging source on the device to that IP using the command: logging source-interface interface

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content