Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade CSM 4.1 to CSM 4.5

andre.ortega
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello there,

I have a CSM 4.1 and the service (CON-SAS-CSMPC41).

I´d like to know if I can update my server to CSM 4.5.

Is it possible or do I need a upgrade license?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andre,

The following is a quote from the document I linked:

Q. What is the upgrade path for existing Cisco Security Manager customers?

A.  Existing Cisco Security Manager 4.X customers with valid software support can obtain an upgrade to Cisco Security Manager 4.4.

I have done this personally for several customer installations and can confirm it works fine.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The SAS coverage includes the right to download and upgrade minor version levels (i.e within the 4.x release train in your case). The Q&A for 4.4 covers this. It hasn't been updated for 4.5 but the same information applies.

The license installed with 4.1 will continue to work on 4.5 after you upgrade the application.

Thanks Marvin,

My doubt here is if SAS will allow I update from 4.1 to 4.X or it just allows updates like 4.1 to 4.1.1.

Sorry, I didn´t find any information about it on the link that you posted.

Best Regards.

Andre,

The following is a quote from the document I linked:

Q. What is the upgrade path for existing Cisco Security Manager customers?

A.  Existing Cisco Security Manager 4.X customers with valid software support can obtain an upgrade to Cisco Security Manager 4.4.

I have done this personally for several customer installations and can confirm it works fine.

Thank you so much.

(I have searched for SAS and didn´t see this quote)

You're welcome. Thanks for the rating.

4.5 is the latest and 4.6 it's right around the corner...if you are running new ips 7.3 you can't use cam to manage them until 4.6,  seriously thought cisco security manager is the absolute worst package ever.....n

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card