Should i skip it and continue ?

Regards

mahesh

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've not seen this in a CSM installation?

User Account Control (UAC) is a windows term that generally applies to an operating system setting. Do you have UAC turned on on the server you are installing to?

View solution in original post

OK I see. That's a Windows OS prompt, not CSM per se.

You need to either turn off UAC in Windows or choose the first option to confirm that you are installing a program.

Ah OK,

Note that Cisco recommends local installation, not via RDP. If you must use RDP, then you should be using console mode ("mstsc / console" to launch your session).

This will specifically affect locales during installation per the Installation Guide here.

Sounds like good progress.

AUS is needd if you would like to be able to push upgrades of the operating system and configurations to your firewalls.

I typically install all features so I don't have to reinstall later if I change my mind. It is not mandatory though so you need to make a decision based on your environment.

More details on it are here and here.

10 Replies 10

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've not seen this in a CSM installation?

User Account Control (UAC) is a windows term that generally applies to an operating system setting. Do you have UAC turned on on the server you are installing to?

Hi MArvin,

I log onto server with user name and pw.

Then i ran the csm software.

it ask me for above option.

under control panel,user accounts i can see my login name.

Seems when i can login to server with username and pw it seems i can ignore this option right?

regards

mahesh

Message was edited by: mahesh parmar

Can you post a screenshot? I've never seen CSM installation ask about this and it's not mentioned in the product documentation that I could find.

Do realize however that the operating system user account you use for installing CSM on your server does not necessarily have anything to do with the account your will be using to access the application. For that you will need to complete user account CREATION task as described here. CSM user account can either be local (within the application) or use an external authentication service such as ACS'.

Hi Marvin,

i have attached screenshot with first post.

Server has 2 drives and i an installing this on second drive which is application.

From screenshot option if i choose second option i do not want to complete this action nothing happens

OK I see. That's a Windows OS prompt, not CSM per se.

You need to either turn off UAC in Windows or choose the first option to confirm that you are installing a program.

Hi Marvin,

IF i choose option 1  i get error

I've got problem with error, "usupported locale". I've changed locale to English US, keyboard to English even time zone to US. Restarted server. It didn't help.

Cisco Works LMS 4.3

I'm trying to install it via Remote Desktop.

Regards

mahesh

Ah OK,

Note that Cisco recommends local installation, not via RDP. If you must use RDP, then you should be using console mode ("mstsc / console" to launch your session).

This will specifically affect locales during installation per the Installation Guide here.

Hi MArvin,

I am able to go further  by turning off uac on server.

under select applications should i choose 

auto update server 4.3?

regards

mahesh

Sounds like good progress.

AUS is needd if you would like to be able to push upgrades of the operating system and configurations to your firewalls.

I typically install all features so I don't have to reinstall later if I change my mind. It is not mandatory though so you need to make a decision based on your environment.

More details on it are here and here.

Hi Marvin,

Yes thanks for the help.

Best regards

Mahesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: