cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice over IPSec Site-to-Site VPN

mindorewala
Level 1
Level 1

We would like to establish Voice connectivity to reduce calling cost between our two offices.

We have dedicated internet lease line of 512kbps, which we would like to use for internet, voice

I would appreciate your feedback about feasibility of this solution and experience to share.

Bye

3 Replies 3

dominic.caron
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

with QOS, you can control the outbound trafic in both site to give a prio to voice. The problem is when the Internet traffic mix with the inter-site traffic and the ISP start dropping frame at random.

If it's the same ISP in both side and you can get them to pass voice before dropping traffic, your solution will work relatively well.

ealves-crhc
Level 1
Level 1

I have created a remote site to main site IPSec/GRE-VPN Tunnel and connected Cisco 7940 phones to a Call Manager and ICD extension to an IPCC server for our remote call center agents.

The only issues I ran into thus far is that I am having an issue getting VoIP Monitoring working for the remote agent

Products used in our test case feasibility study are

Cisco 871 with Advanced IP software

Cisco c79xx phones

IPCC Express 3.1 (2)

CCM 3.5

Cat 3560

VG200

Cisco 3725

make sure you enable G729 for the remote location. if you are using a VPN device which supports QoS, make sure you enable that properly as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card