cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN 3015 - MIB for showing active connections?

transplace
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to locate the MIB/OID responsible for showing all current/active connections so that I can configure MRTG to monitor. Nothing is generated when I do a MIB walk that would be responsible for this. I'd really appreciate some help on this. I have looked everywhere on Cisco's web site with very little luck.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can download the Session Stats MIB from here (http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseMIB.do?local=en&step=2&mibName=ALTIGA-SESSION-STATS-MIB#dependencies), I just tested this and it gives you the user names that are currently connected, their assigned IP address, public IP address, login time, etc, etc.

Take note of the dependencies for this MIB, you will need to download and install the ALTIGA-GLOBAL-REG and ALTIGA-MIB MIB's first before this MIB will work. Then just walk the entire SESSION-STATS MIB and you'll see all the info you want. Things like:

alActiveSessionCount.0 = 2 (current number of sessions)

alActiveSessionUserName.1 = admin

alActiveSessionUserName.2 = glenn

Then for .1 and .2 (the admin HTTP session and my VPN client tunnel respectively) there's more information than you could ever want. Hope that helps.

That is Great, Can anyone think of an easy way of logging all the VPN logins to a CSV file? I just want a log so I can see who is using the vpn.

I'm using direct AD/kerberos authentication so there is no Raduis/ACS server.

If I forced everyone to run the login script I could I guess.

Thanks

sciarrino
Level 1
Level 1

Here is my 3005 MRTG config.(and my PIX)

I'm still looking to see if there is a current/active VPN conntions oid on a pix 7.0.

Because I have some client just using the PIX for client VPN connections.

But you can get Connections, Fan speed, temp...

Scott

mitts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all, I have just joined this forum and I have a similar problem. I also need to configure our NMS - HP Openview Network Node Manager, to monitor all current/active VPN sessions. In fact I managed to find the MIB/OID that is responsible for this, which is .1.3.6.1.4.1.3076.2.1.2.17.2.1 series

and I can use the SNMP MIB Browser to browse the above oid tree but I cannot get a response when I try this out from the MIB Application Builder. I would like to do a menu using different OID's from the same MIB but all I get is the header and no output. I also get the error message

"this information is not available for my device".

Can anyone help...Elaine St. John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card