Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

vpn 3030 starts not getting syslog'ged!

For the last 4 working days, we have had to hard start our 3.6.1 3030 early in the morning before our ezvpn pix 501 hw clients could pass traffic. They connect, but nothing goes through the tunnel.

The syslogs show nothing to say the 3030 was restarted, or is starting. What do I have to do to get the 3030 to announce to syslog that it's starting up! (I need to know when it was restarted so I can look in the syslog just before that, looking for any problem messages.)

For that matter ... where is the list of messages the 3030 can spit out? I can see the list of classes, but it is not intuitive as to what sort of messages would be in which class.

I added 'reboot' to system / events / classes yesterday (with 1 - 13 to syslog), but I see nothing in syslog to reflect the hard start this morning. I received no e-mail alert, so it would seem that starting is not even a 'reboot' class message with severity of 1 - 3.

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: vpn 3030 starts not getting syslog'ged!

Please see the following document that describes how to configure syslog on the VPN concentrator

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/vpn/vpn3000/4_0/config/events.htm

Re: vpn 3030 starts not getting syslog'ged!

Thanks, I saw that.

It's not particularly helpful.

It's all very well to know the classes, but if you don't know the messages within that class, the documentation isn't helpful.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content