cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN BACKUP

ocwa
Level 1
Level 1

We just bought the second concentrator 3000 and open up second ISP. I want to configurate the second to be the backup if first ISP fail all connect will be connected to the second concentrator. But my problem is not on vpn client, the problem is on hardware client, vpn 3002 and soho 91 any suggestion will be appreciate.

3 Replies 3

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) is what you are looking for. With VRRP configured, switchover is automaic in LAN-to-LAN connections while all that the Remote Access need to do is to connect again (no changes in setup required). For more information and configuration example, please refer to the document 'What is VRRP' at http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/vrrp.html.

btrice
Level 1
Level 1

Where can someone obtain documentaion on configuring the second concentrator on a second ISP? We are in the planning process of implementing this scenario and am looking for assistance.

Can VRRP fail back to the original master automatically? I am referring to the preempt option of HSRP. Is there any equivalent function in VRRP?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card