cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Bandwidth Utilization

dinesh_kpatel
Level 1
Level 1

I have site to site Configuration of VPN 3030 Concentrator ( one At HQ) and VPN 3005 Concentrator ( 14 At Branch Office). I want to measure the Bandwidth Utilization of VPN 3030 Concentrator at HQ.

Is there any command,network management software tool or utility available so I can measure the Bandwidth ?

Dinesh

6 Replies 6

noc
Level 1
Level 1

MRTG; just measure all traffic going in and out of either concentrator.. you will need to configure an SNMP community string..

I am new to this but am trying to learn. Where can I start and learn about community strings. I am trying out a Solarwinds Network Management Software because I don't know Linux. And I guess that rules out MRTG, right?

Juha Polkko
Level 4
Level 4

Hi!

Opensystems Private I syslog software collects, alerts, reports, and archives VPN (and other syslog) log data.

Private I can detail the activity going through your VPNs, as well as tell you how much of the network users are using.

-Collects thousands of messages per second from a variety of network devices

-Real time alert notification via audio, visual, email, SNMP, or pager

-Powerful ad-hoc query capability

-Over 100 canned reports and graphs

-Easy customization and creation of new reports

-Scheduled report engine for timely output

-Offloading aged data for easy access

Check http://www.opensystems.com

Br Juha

akhopkar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dinesh ,

u can use MRTG (Multi Router Traffic grapher)utility to monitor the bandwidth utilization.

its free just search MRTG for win 98 or NT in google & u can download & insatll the rwquired software n scripts.

it gives u a daily , weekly , monthly & yearly traffic patterns of your router interfaces.

its good.. try it out.

bye

Hi AMIT

Thanks for Your Help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card