Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client connectin gets dropped with more than one connection to server

travis0
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a PIX501 running vpn services. I have 2 computers sitting behind a NAT box on 192.168.0.1 network. 192.168.0.3(user-JOHN) and 192.168.0.4(user-MIKE).

John establishes vpn connection to server and as soon as MIKE connects, John gets "Your IPSec connection has been terminated by the remote peer". And, if MIKE connects first then John, mike has disconnected with the same warning.

Am I missing configuration on the pix501 to do multihosting?

I am using the same user account to login on both machine, does this make a difference?

Maybe the PIX501 can not be multihost! is this possible?

What do you think?

Thanks.

travis.

2 Replies 2

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

I don't exactly know which timer is, but one of the timers should be increased. Not sure if this is the problem, if it is something else, check this link for some info :

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/vpn/client/rel3_5_1/351_3kcl.htm#xtocid10

rcalabro
Level 1
Level 1

Have them use IPSec over TCP instead of UDP in the client config - this should solve the issue. This has something to do with the way UDP is handled being that it is connectionless. If they both pass through the same device (before the concentrator), one will be dropped.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card