cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vpn Client Default Gateway?

danibyte27
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! I configured a remote vpn on a Cisco Asa 5510 (ios 7.1). All clients which establish a vpn connection can ping or reach other servers on the remote lan, but the Cisco Appliance doesn't assign them a default gateway - it remains empty. With operative systems like windows xp they can work also without the default gateway, but on Windows 2003 the person must manually write the default gateway otherwise it doesn't work.

Could you please tell me if there's a specific command on Cisco Asa in order to assign a default gateway to cisco vpn clients?

Many thanks and have a good day!

Daniela

2 Replies 2

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

Actually, the default gateway assigned to the vpn clients should match the ip address they are assigned from the vpn pool. What address are you assigning to the 2003 clients?

Hi,

yes, it's correct. I've assigned a pool of addresses to the vpn clients and, when I type "ipconfig -a" on the dos prompt, I obtain the correct assigned ip address, but the field for the default gateway is empty. This causes problems only for 2003 clients, not for xp or vista clients.. I simply was asking if there's a way or a command on the asa appliance which assigns and writes this empty field with the correct gateway (I know it's the same as the ip, but if it's empty it causes the mentioned problems).

Many thanks

Daniela

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: