cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vpn client does not ping to internal network

m.naresh
Level 1
Level 1

i have configured pix 515e for vpn client. i then installed cisco vpn client in my pc. now if i connect my pc to pix using the cisco vpn client ,i get connected and pc is assisgned a ip address from the pool i have configured in pix.my issue is : when i ping from pix to the pc it pings fine,but from the pc it does not ping to pix inside interface or pix inside network.

Please help

4 Replies 4

mvsheik123
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

if you are using split tunneling, make sure the ACL is configured properly. here is helpful link..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a0080702999.shtml

Also, make sure PIX has routes to internal networks and internal networks hit PIX to reach the VPN cleint subnet.

hth

MS

Hi,

the link you provided was very useful.

But still i am not able to connect.

In the vpnclient log i see the following message:

AddRoute failed to add a route: code 87

Your help will be appreciated.

Regards

Arul

Hi,

This error looks like more from your client end. Try to 'google' for solution. I would also try from PC connected directly to internet or wired connection (if your testing PC using wireless). Post the PIX head end configs here, Gurus may be able to help (if there is any head end config issues).

hth

MS

** Rate the useful posts**

You are correct.

After installing the vpn client from 4.x to 5.x and after making few changes in pix config the issue was resolved.

Thanks for your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card