cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client through Firewall

atilio666
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am a real rookie to cisco, so please forgive me if I say anything silly. I wanted to know wich ports do I have to free, to make a VPN with a VPN CLient 4.7.00.0533. I tryed with 4500 UDP 62515 or 62514 UDP 10000 TCP, but nothing works. Could you help me please? Thank you very much.

6 Replies 6

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

esp protocol 50

udp 500

udp 4500

That should do the trick.

I am sorry, but what do you mean by "esp Protocol 50"

Thanks

Networking is composed of layers; usually, this is the OSI model (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSI_model for details). IP is one of these layers, and can encapsulates data from the layer above. In the IP header, there is a marker identifying the type of data that is contained within the IP packet - this is just a number, such as 6 for TCP or 17 for UDP. Protocol 50 is one of these - it denotes encapsulating security payload, and is commonly used with VPN applications.

Protocol 50 differs from TCP port 50 in that TCP port 50 is specific to the TCP protocol in the transport layer (layer 4), whereas protocol 50 is specific to the IP protocol in the network layer (layer 3). ICMP is another example of a protocol number (it is number 1) - but ICMP does not use port numbers like protocols such as TCP and UDP do, i.e. not all IP protocols use port numbers.

Where should i write these commnands

esp protocol 50

udp 500

UDP 4500

thinks

Which firewall device are you using?

Regards

Farrukh

Hi, I'm using the pix 515e v6.3

Thinks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: