Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VPN Clients migration to new public IP

Hello,

I'm looking for elegant solution to migrate VPN Clients to new public IP.

I have PIXs (public IP x.x.x.1) and Concentrator (x.x.x.2) to be replaced with ASA. All VPN Clients (~200 users) preconfigured with x.x.x.2.

What is the best way (minimum impact) to “combine” PIX and Concentrator in this case?

I see couple options here:

1. reconfig clients with new IP (manually or to push new config);

2. Config x.x.x.2 on ASA, but I do not think it's possible to have IPs from same network on different interfaces;

3. Is there “forward IP to IP” option?

4. Have ASA and Concentrator running and to reconfig end users manually

5. Subnet public network.

What do you think?

Thanks,

S

3 REPLIES

Re: VPN Clients migration to new public IP

First check if everything is working fine on the ASA, by testing it with 2-3 clients (preferably different OS like XP,Vista etc.)

I guess you don't want to change the configuration of the VPN clients (recommended), schedule a downtime and shift the IP from the VPNC to the ASA. If something goes wrong, just unplug the ASA and connect the VPNC back until you fix things :)

That said, its not so difficult to email/publish a new .pcf file for users. Just make sure your current VPN client version is compatible with the ASA:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/compatibility/asa-vpn-compatibility.html

Please rate if helpful

Regards

Farrukh

hello,

You said "shift the IP from the VPNC to the ASA". How do I assign, for example, 10.10.10.2 to ASA interface if I already have 10.10.10.1 on "outside"?

Thanks.

Can't you change it from 10.10.10.2 to 10.10.10.1?

Regards

Farrukh

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content