Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Design Query

Hi Everyone, It's really a great pleasure to join with you.

I have a query with respect to VPN Design.

There around 500 Branch offices located across india. I want to connect them with headquarters. Due to budgest issues, they cannot go with Leased Lines and other dedicated lines as data transfer rate and requirement is very less. I want to use Dial-up connectivity and want to have VPNs to headquarters through internet. I must get the access to Headquarter Server resources like mail, file sharing, uploading, dowloading etc.. I heared that we can deploy VPN 3030 concentrator in Headquarters and we can initiage VPN sessions from branch offices after connecting to Internet through Dailup. But now VPN 3030 concentrators are came to end of sale. Can anyone help me out to design a simple and low cost solution to this current requirement ?? Thanks in Advance.

1 Reply 1

aacole
Level 5
Level 5

Do you want a client type VPN or a site to site type over dialup?

If its site to site your after with the number of remote sites your wanting to support I would recommend you look at a DMVPN based solution. This way you could easily add remote sites to connect back to your HQ location. I dont see why this wouldnt work across dialup, although the throughput speed would be very low, but I'm sure your aware of the limited performance issues anyway.

You would have to get a fixed IP address for the HQ locations, as each remote branch office needs to know the IP of the core router in advance, unless this could be resolved with DNS.

Using DMVPN you could base the whole network on routers, without the need for a VPN concentrator.

If its a client based VPN where one (or more) PC's at each office need to connect, then you could use either an ASA or a router based solution.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card