cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN install with PCF file imbedded

randyclark
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to have the PCF file imbedded in the VPN client install exe so that users do not have import the PCF file into the VPN client after they install it?

6 Replies 6

m.sir
Level 7
Level 7

If you place *.pcf files to same folder where is intallation exe file (for example root of CD) profiles are automaticly installed and you dont need install it manualy

M.

Hope that helps rate if it does

I've been doing this for many versions successfully. However, having some trouble with CiscoVPN-Client5.0.00.0090 Beta for Vista. Install is fine, but the 'profiles' folder is not created and none of the 7 .pcf files are not present... Do you know if anything changed for this version?

Regards,

Tracy

I am having this exact same problem with vpnclient-win-msi-5.0.00.0340-k9 running on Vista.

I have three .pcf files in the same folder as the Setup and msi, but the profiles are not copied over during the install.

Has anyone found a solution to this? Thank you.

kevinchan
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Bug CSCeh14815

If dashes are in path, pcf and ini files arent copied by MSI.

[Symptom]

The customized vpnclient.ini and .pcf files are not copied to

targeted folder(C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client)

even if MSI installation is finished and then PC is rebooted.

[Condition]

This symptom is observed only on MSI when the folder name to specify

in the WinZip Self-Extractor box includes "-" (eg. vpn-client).

[Workaround]

1. Not including "-" as folder name to unzip if MSI is used

2. Using InstallSheild

Obviously, the vpnclient's filename came with all kind of dashes. I just removed the dashes and all the PCF files reappears after uninstall/reboot/reinstall.

Kevin =)

Thank you for this information. This bug is still present in 5.0.02.0090 but removing dashes from the name had it work perfectly.

davidgrand
Level 1
Level 1

My VPN Client folder has both an MSI and an EXE for vpnclient-setup.exe

Make sure the PCF file(s) is(are) in the same folder as all the other installation files.

If you run the EXE, my experience has been that the PCF gets handled properly and imported during the installation. But if you run the MSI, then the PCF's do not get imported.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: