cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN monitoring

mohsin.khan
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, i have a IPSEC VPN tunnel on a 7206 router. Concern is that we want to monitor the status of the tunnel, with following points...

- Other end is not willing to give us the ICMP access, so we cannot check the status using ICMP.

- We have enabled the tunnel on CiscoWorks VPN/Security Monitoring Solution.

First requirement: is that we want to give an interface to our 24/7 helpdesk team, with limited rights.. when i create a user id on CW, with privilege access=helpdesk,that id can view other devices as well, which is not desired. We JUST want to give the page of VPN monitring to that team. How can that be achieved?

Second Requirement: We have a solution where we can send any text file to our mobile thru sms. I want to send the syslog thru that router-->CW--> our mobile. I can see that the syslogs are reaching in CW-->RME-->Syslog Analysis, but i get following message when i go to CW-->VMS-->Syslog analysis,i get "No records found"..

so, the first thing is to get the syslog messages visible in VMS, and the second thing to do is to get those syslogs sent to a text file on the server, and rest is easy.

Please help on both of requirements.

1 Reply 1

mohsin.khan
Level 3
Level 3

is there no one else?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card