Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

VPN sub-system not available on XP running Client 3.6.2

I've tried the solutions suggested by this forum but I'm still running into the same issue where the VPN sub-system error appears as soon as I clicked on the client.

I'm running XP Pro, Norton virus, no software firewall and I have VPN running on this machine before. I tried to uninstall/reinstall the client but it doesn't seem to help. I then tried it on a different machine (XP Home) which never has VPN on it, and I have no issue with the sub-system error after the installation on that machine.

I did noticed that on the XP Pro, the Cisco VPN service doesn't get started when my computer rebooted, and I tried manually starting the service. However, the sub-system error still appears and the Cisco CPN service drops itself.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: VPN sub-system not available on XP running Client 3.6.2

is Microsoft's IPSec Policy Agent running at boot

look in Administrative Tools > Services

if so try

uninstalling your Cisco VPN Client software

look in Administrative Tools > Services

and disable any NT related IPSec Services from running

ie - IPSec Policy Agent

reboot and make sure that the NT IPSec agent is not running

reinstall your Cisco VPN Client SOftware and try to connect

Community Member

Did you ever find a solution for this problem? I am currently experiencing the same problem with Windows Xp Pro, and the VPN client version 3.63B which is the latest as of this posting. This is a very frustrating problem.

Community Member

Did you find a solution for this issue? I'm running into the same problem and I just can't find the way to make it work. Any ideas?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content