cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Want to establish remote access without user authentication in ASA?

Charles_Chi4
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i wanna ask if the vpn client could establish remote access without user authentication, only group name and password.

I wanna bypass user authentication for particular group so the users only input group name and pass to establish the vpn.

I see that by default without authentication-server-group command, it will authenticate by local database.

Thnx

2 Replies 2

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

Using only a Web browser and its native SSL encryption, SSL VPNs provide remote access-without the requirement of preinstalled VPN client software-to network resources from almost any Internet-enabled location. WebVPN support on the Cisco ASA 5500 Series provides easy access to a broad range of enterprise applications, including Web resources, Web-enabled applications, NT/Active Directory file shares (Web-enabled), e-mail, and other TCP-based applications such as Telnet or Windows Terminal Services from any computer connected to the Internet that can reach HTTP(S) Internet sites. WebVPN uses SSL and its successor, Transport Layer Security (TLS) to provide a secure connection between remote users and specific, supported internal resources at a central site. Using WebVPN for secure connectivity allows accessibility from almost any system without needing to install additional desktop software

Wow, nice info.

But i already solve my problem. i just use this command :

authentication-server-group none

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card