Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Want to test if CSM 4.3 installation is good

Hi Everyone,

Just installed the CSM 4.3 server software.

i have 5 icons created on desktop.

How can i test if the installation is good?

Mahesh

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Want to test if CSM 4.3 installation is good

Decide if you are using Workflow or non-workflow mode and ticket management or non-ticket management mode. Change server preferences accordingly from within Configuration Manager. (Tools, Security Manager Administration and then select those options accordingly. Most small single- or few-user installations don't require either of those modes.)

Import a couple of firewalls into configuration manager. Look at their configurations and analyze their access-list rule sets.

Modify them to send their syslog messages to the CSM server. verify that the event are seen in Event Viewer.

After you have some data as a baseline (i.e. a couple of days after setting up the above), look at your devices in Health and Performance Monitor.

The steps above ensure the settings on the firewall that will allow CSM to import it.

To actually import, please go to the next chapter in the CSM guide and follow the steps for "Adding Devices from the Network".

4 REPLIES

Re: Want to test if CSM 4.3 installation is good

Decide if you are using Workflow or non-workflow mode and ticket management or non-ticket management mode. Change server preferences accordingly from within Configuration Manager. (Tools, Security Manager Administration and then select those options accordingly. Most small single- or few-user installations don't require either of those modes.)

Import a couple of firewalls into configuration manager. Look at their configurations and analyze their access-list rule sets.

Modify them to send their syslog messages to the CSM server. verify that the event are seen in Event Viewer.

After you have some data as a baseline (i.e. a couple of days after setting up the above), look at your devices in Health and Performance Monitor.

Hi MArvin,

I am doing this first time csm installation and configuration.

IF you can help me config this that will me much appreciated.

Currently we  only need to import 8 fw config to csm.

I check these settings by default the settings are

work flow is not enabled

ticketing is enabled

Both the above settings are by default.

My question is how can i import  the fw to CSM?

i read this on cisco pdf 

This procedure describes the tasks to complete before you use SSL as the transport protocol for device management on PIX Firewall, ASA and FWSM devices.

Step 1 Enter configuration mode.

hostname# config terminal

Respond to the prompts appropriately. Here are some tips:

Enter y when the prompt asks if you want to preconfigure using interactive prompts.

Enter the current enable password.

Specify the time zone, year, month, day, and time.

If the device:

Is new—Specify the network interface IP address and network mask that applies to the inside IP address of the device.

Exists—Verify that the interface IP address and mask are correct.

If the device:

Is new—Specify the hostname and the domain name.

Exists—Verify that the hostname and domain name are correct.

When prompted for the IP address of the host that runs the PIX Device Manager, specify the IP address of the Security Manager server.

Enter yes when the prompt asks if you want to write the above changes to Flash.

Step 2 Enable the HTTP server.

hostname(config)# http server enable

Step 3 Specify the host or network authorized to initiate an HTTP connection to the device.

hostname(config)# http ip_address  [netmask] [if_name]

Where:

ip_address—The IP address of the Security Manager server.

netmask—The network mask for the IP address.

if_name—The device interface name (default is inside) from which Security Manager initiates the HTTP connection.

Step 4 Save the current configuration in Flash memory.

hostname(config)# write memory

Will above steps import the fw config to csm?

regards

MAhesh

The steps above ensure the settings on the firewall that will allow CSM to import it.

To actually import, please go to the next chapter in the CSM guide and follow the steps for "Adding Devices from the Network".

Hi MArvin,

Thanks for answering the question.

I will need to open change to allow config on the firewalls.

Regards

MAhesh

Views
Helpful
Replies