Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

what does my customer need for manageing CAT6500 IDS

My customer want to manage the cat6500 IDS modul.

How data sheet of cat6500 IDS modul describe as management is required : Cisco Secure Policy Manager

and Cisco Secure Intrusion Detection Director.

But with the VMS Bundle there is a sw paket called Monitoring Center for Security and Management Center for IDS Sensor. Ehat about this does my customer needs this too?

Does my customer needs all three product?

Best regards

Hilde Bodeit

• Security Management
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: what does my customer need for manageing CAT6500 IDS

VMS is the newest product to manage all security products, includes firewall, VPN and IDS management. The product number is CWVMS-2.2-WINR-K9 VMS 2.2 WIN 20 Device Restricted and price is around $7,995 (this is for Windows platform). If you only want to manage the IDSM, you only need to install the cd one, MC and IDS modules.

Also, should check what version your IDSM is, is it IDSM or IDSM.2?

1 REPLY

Re: what does my customer need for manageing CAT6500 IDS

VMS is the newest product to manage all security products, includes firewall, VPN and IDS management. The product number is CWVMS-2.2-WINR-K9 VMS 2.2 WIN 20 Device Restricted and price is around $7,995 (this is for Windows platform). If you only want to manage the IDSM, you only need to install the cd one, MC and IDS modules.

Also, should check what version your IDSM is, is it IDSM or IDSM.2?

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.