Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows Firewall Vendor ID for VPN Client

bfbcnet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm looking to restrict VPN clients on the VPN Concentrator, to those that only have the Windows XP Firewall Installed.

In order to do this, I need to select Custom Firewall and specify the Vendor ID and the Product ID.

I'm struggling to find this information, does any one know if this is possible, and if so what this information is?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

it may not be feasible at the moment, as the custom firewall option is for future use.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/secursw/ps2308/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00802d3abc.html#wp1167383

Custom Vendor Codes

On the VPN 3000 Concentrator, you can configure a custom firewall. Currently there are no supported firewall configurations that you cannot choose from the menu on the VPN Concentrator. This feature is mainly for future use. Nevertheless, the following table lists the vendor codes and products that are currently supported.

I am in search of the list of Vendor Codes and Product ID's or Products that are supported. I need to add Symantec Endpoint Protection to the VPN 3000 Concentrator and I understand I cannot add it without these codes?

Help?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: