cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless IPSEC GRE tunnels drop out

richmorrow624
Level 1
Level 1

We have five failover sites that are connected to the main site via the Internet. They are configured with IPSEC and a gre tunnel for end-to-end connectivity to the remote site.

Two of the sites have wireless DSL at the remote end and they will not stay up consistantly. They continue to flap, one of the wireless sites is worse that the other. Both are provided by the same company.

All five sites are configured exactly the same. The three sites with wired DSL I have no problems with.

There is no pattern to it, they just drop out, sometimes I can ping the Internet facing address from the main site and other times I cannot. They can be up for days at a time and then go down for several minutes, then come back up.

They will go through spurts of several days of up and down, then several days of nothing.

Any thoughts out there?

There are no errors, nothing points to what the issue could be, I have had the company out to the remote site several times and they say they cannot find anything.

2 Replies 2

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

The association can flap if there is Radio Frequency Interference (RFI).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps5279/products_tech_note09186a0080508551

Thanks for the reply,

I was unable to get the page you linked,

I was wondering about interference because there are wireless access points in the same building, but not in close proximity.

I have had the provider out there several times and they see no problem when they are there.

Is there some way I can check this?

The router just has an ethernet connection to the providers wireless modem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card