cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wrong ASDM showing up

ticketreturn
Level 1
Level 1

I thought I had configured the various software corectly on an ASA 5505, but appears not.

In Show Version the ASA Software version is 8.4(4)1 & the Device Manager version is 6.4(9). These are the settings I want; I had previously set asdm image disk0:/asdm-649-103.bin & boot system disk0:/asa844-1-k8.bin followed by copying the running config to the startup config

When I boot the system & open a browser to the device I immeadeatley get a screen showing Cisco ASDM 6.2(1). How so?

If I attempt to install, run ASDM or Run Startup Wizard nothing happens - browser times out.

I suspected that maybe I needed the device to trust my PC, so I enabled HTTP & tried to setup the trust with my PC. After HTTP Server enable I entered http 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 mgmt, but received an invalid input on the mgmt, I don't know what the correct command is now.

So i'm confused. Do I have the correct version of ASDM installed & is it available when I boot the system?

Is my PC able to access the site to manage the device via the ASDM tool?

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"mgmt" would specify that you are allowing clients on network 192.168.1.0/24 access via the mgmt interface. A 5505 does not have a dedicated management interface, thus the syntax error.

Any number of things could prevent your ASDM from launching correctly. Incorrect encryption settings or lack of 3DES-AES license, missing binary or incorrect file name, and incorrect management settings to name a few.

This document steps you through some of the common issues.

If that still stumps you, please share the output of "show version", "dir" and the running-configuration, we could have a crack at resolving the issue.

jw.sl9
Level 1
Level 1

Me thinks your ASDM image was renamed on download. Re-download from CCO, delete the file from flash, and re-upload and set your ASDM image variable. Then connect.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

I hope you find this information useful, if it was satisfactory for you, please mark the question as Answered. Please rate post you consider useful. -James
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card