Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Wrong ASDM showing up

I thought I had configured the various software corectly on an ASA 5505, but appears not.

In Show Version the ASA Software version is 8.4(4)1 & the Device Manager version is 6.4(9). These are the settings I want; I had previously set asdm image disk0:/asdm-649-103.bin & boot system disk0:/asa844-1-k8.bin followed by copying the running config to the startup config

When I boot the system & open a browser to the device I immeadeatley get a screen showing Cisco ASDM 6.2(1). How so?

If I attempt to install, run ASDM or Run Startup Wizard nothing happens - browser times out.

I suspected that maybe I needed the device to trust my PC, so I enabled HTTP & tried to setup the trust with my PC. After HTTP Server enable I entered http 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 mgmt, but received an invalid input on the mgmt, I don't know what the correct command is now.

So i'm confused. Do I have the correct version of ASDM installed & is it available when I boot the system?

Is my PC able to access the site to manage the device via the ASDM tool?

Everyone's tags (4)
2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Wrong ASDM showing up

"mgmt" would specify that you are allowing clients on network 192.168.1.0/24 access via the mgmt interface. A 5505 does not have a dedicated management interface, thus the syntax error.

Any number of things could prevent your ASDM from launching correctly. Incorrect encryption settings or lack of 3DES-AES license, missing binary or incorrect file name, and incorrect management settings to name a few.

This document steps you through some of the common issues.

If that still stumps you, please share the output of "show version", "dir" and the running-configuration, we could have a crack at resolving the issue.

Re: Wrong ASDM showing up

Me thinks your ASDM image was renamed on download. Re-download from CCO, delete the file from flash, and re-upload and set your ASDM image variable. Then connect.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

I hope you find this information useful, if it was satisfactory for you, please mark the question as Answered. Please rate post you consider useful. -James
Views
Helpful
Replies