Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

A lot of PING drop during VM vMotion to new upgrade VEM ESXi host

Dear All,

Recently, i help my customer upgrade Nexus 1000v VSM & VEM from 4a to 1.1a. Although the whole upgrade is smooth but i found out lot of ping packet was drop during vMotion one VM back to that ESXi host.

The result is normal when i try to VM vMotion to different ESXi host (just 1 icmp packet drop). And i found out the problem just happen on the first time when i vMotion VM back to the upgraded VEM ESXi host. The second time just happen one ICMP packet drop. But i when i vMotion VM belong to another VLAN, the problem reproduce again.

So anybody known what problem on this case, and any solution can provide for me?

Regards,

Jason

2 REPLIES

Hi: I have the same problem.

Hi:

I have the same problem. When i do vmotion from older hosts to the new host, it happens the same, a lot of packet drop.

It only occurs 1 time, after that that machine won´t fail.

You solved your problem?

Hi hbtechnology, Thr issue

Hi hbtechnology,

Thr issue still happen during vmotion from old VEM esxi to new version VEM esxi, so i require schedule maintenance window for vmotion VM on Cisco nexus 1000v upgrade. That is very disappointed unable found out the issue exactly. But i guess the issue seem relate on physical switch mac address update issue.

Regards

Jason

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content