cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Active-Active config from N5k to N2k

aamercado
Level 4
Level 4

On the N5k-B set at priority 105, I cannot see interface 101 of the fex, but can see inter 101 on "priority 110, n5k-A" why is that? when I do a sh vpc brief, adj is up alive. I went ahead and powerdown the N5k-A and now N5k-B has inter 101....so can I assum this is normal behavior?

vpc domain 200
  role priority 105 while the other N5k is set to 110
  peer-keepalive destination 192.168.1.1
  peer-config-check-bypass

fex 101
  pinning max-links 1
  description FEX0101

interface port-channel101
  description ****TO-N2K-ROW-1****
  switchport mode fex-fabric
  untagged cos 0
  fex associate 101
  speed 10000

interface Ethernet1/7
  fex associate 101
  channel-group 101

interface Ethernet1/8
  fex associate 101
  channel-group 101

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

If you are looking at configuring the N2K for so that both uplink are active-active toward the vPC peer devices, then you need to configure the interface port-channel 101 with a common vPC identifier.  For example configure both interface port-channel 101 on the N5Ks to be in say 'vpc 101', without this they are not logically bound.

If you run a 'show interface fex' or 'show fex' not sure from the top of my head, but it should show the status of the fex in question from the N5K which you are unable to see the interface.

Regards

Allan.

Hope this helps, pls rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

If you are looking at configuring the N2K for so that both uplink are active-active toward the vPC peer devices, then you need to configure the interface port-channel 101 with a common vPC identifier.  For example configure both interface port-channel 101 on the N5Ks to be in say 'vpc 101', without this they are not logically bound.

If you run a 'show interface fex' or 'show fex' not sure from the top of my head, but it should show the status of the fex in question from the N5K which you are unable to see the interface.

Regards

Allan.

Hope this helps, pls rate helpful posts.