Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bandwidth manager

Hi All,

I am looking at an appliance to funtion as a bandwidth manager in an Internet datacenter environment. Have evaluated couple of them [P-Cube, NetEngorcer]. Either I find them an overkill for such a requirement or I do not find it supporting the relevant features. Pls help me on this with your experience.

Thanks

regards

Ashraf

5 REPLIES

Re: Bandwidth manager

Ashraf

try this

1) Netflow analyzer

2)MRTG

3)PRTG

4)Solar winds

5)Sniffer 4.5

I think you got me wrong here. I am looking at a bandwidth manager and not a traffic analyser.

Ashraf-

Are you looking for something more along the lines of a PacketShaper, from Packeteer? Check out http://www.packetshaper.com ...it's one of the most widely deployed bandwidth managers in the world - very heavily entrenched in the University sector.

Hope that helps!

Daxter - Thanks for e-mail reply. In fact Packetshaper was one of the first choice considered by us. Apprantly we did not find any support for certain features like volume-based traffic shaping.

For ex: Shaping customer hosted network/servers to 10 GigaBytes of data transfer per month one way or cumulative.

This is one of the product offerings that we are planning to roll-out.

regards

Ashraf

Hi there,

Looking at your requirement for "Shaping customer hosted network/servers to 10 GigaBytes of data transfer per month one way or cumulative." Then you are looking at some AAA accounting. Have a look at freeRADIUS or some of the other RADIUS offerings.

These will be able to do cumulative bandwidth, etc.

Hope that helps,

LH

Views
Helpful
Replies