cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can 2500 do SDLC?

blr
Level 1
Level 1

I am investigating the possibility of using our 2500 router for SDLC. We have an AS/400. Is this possible and does anyone have advice on configuration and connections?

Thanks,

Bob

4 Replies 4

skoretsk
Level 1
Level 1

IOS images with IBM feature support (IP Plus, Enterprise, etc) support SDLC device attachment on Cisco routers. Cisco Feature Navigator will provide specific information on Cisco IOS feature set images:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/FeatureNav/FN.pl

What are you planning to connect the AS/400 to?

I am connecting the AS/400 to an old Norand RF Base Controller - RB4000. Currently this is done with a couple IBM modems and a point to point leased line. I don't know how to connect that controller to a Cisco router.

Hi Bob,

This sounds pretty straightforward, DLSw SDLC secondary at the AS/400, and DLSw SDLC primary at the Norand device. The only thought I offer is that, because it's serial in and out, it may be simpler to use STUN. The tradeoff is that the POLLs will traverse the WAN using a bit of bandwidth.

Rgds, Dan

hello dmccullo,

Does Cisco do group polls?

Thanks,

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: