Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can you Connect Cisco switch modules for to N2K?

I have not seen anything about connecting Cisco Switch modules for Blade Chassis to fex.  Does anybody now if you can do that?

thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: can you Connect Cisco switch modules for to N2K?

No you can not and this not meant to be.

The N2K is a NIC card extender. You can not connect a switch, the FEX does not run spanning tree.

See this as a solution that makes cabling to your servers easier  and provides an uplink of 40 GB

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Only the Nexus 5000 series support the FEX right now.

Regards,

jerry

No you can not and this not meant to be.

The N2K is a NIC card extender. You can not connect a switch, the FEX does not run spanning tree.

See this as a solution that makes cabling to your servers easier  and provides an uplink of 40 GB

thank you Lucien.

I think you got a right name for N2Ks, a NIC card extender.  In my opion N2K should be able to support Blade switches. Not every company has just rack mount servers, most enviroment is mixed. In my case, I run out ports on N5K, but plenty available on N2K.  I want add two more blade centers with gig switch modules in them. now I have to buy a N5K!!!.  I'm sure Cisco can make N2K to support switches too.

Cisco Employee

If you are interested the Nexus for Blade Server, there is Nexus 4000 available for IBM Blade Server.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps10596/ps10642/data_sheet_c78-560881_ps10596_Products_Data_Sheet.html

Regards,

jerry

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content