Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CINIT failure

Our branch offices got a problem to work with a CICS.

The terminal sent initself request and got +rsp ( there should be bind from CICS) andthen we got NS procure error for CINIT ( CINIT error in reaching the PLU) Is anybody face this problem before?

Best Rgds,

Funda

6 REPLIES
Silver

Re: CINIT failure

Hi,

I am a TAC engineer. I worked on a similar issue before. I am searching for information and want to find out the resolution. Please post the network topology and IOS version.

Silver

After further researching, I find out that CSCdy89290 has a similar sympton. The problem only occurs in a very specific topology. You need to run SNASw and use DLUR for the downstream PU 2.0. Also, you need have one NNS. The problem occurs after a network outage. The CP-CP session between the router and NNS times out, but the HPR/IP link does not. Thus, the SNASw router runs without a NNS. When you run a PU2.0 via DLUR, VTAM cannot send a bind because there is no CP-CP session between VTAM and SNASw router.

Not sure if you hit the problem or not. Please provide topology and IOS version.

Hi,

thanks for reply. First of all our ios ver 12.1.15 on snasw router. We doen't implemant HPR on them yet. During the problem CP_CP between NNS and DLUR router was up at least it seemed as up may be it was not working properly.

Topology like that:

VTAM( Backup NNS,CICS)

/

/

VTAM(NNS)-CIP-SNASW& DLSW router- Backbone router--Frame Relay- Branch router- TR- Branch server and clients.

Rgds

Funda

Hi,

thanks for reply. First of all our ios ver 12.1.15 on snasw router. We doen't implemant HPR on them yet. During the problem CP_CP between NNS and DLUR router was up at least it seemed as up may be it was not working properly.

Topology like that:

VTAM( Backup NNS,CICS)

/

/

VTAM(NNS)-CIP-SNASW& DLSW router- Backbone router--Frame Relay- Branch router- TR- Branch server and clients.

Rgds

Funda

Silver

I think that you have to find out why VTAM/PLU does not send out the bind. As the brand server and clients are PU2.0, they are not capable of sending bind. The bug I mentioned in my previous reply occurs when the CP-CP session is lost. Thus, DLUS/VTAM does not know where the PU2.0s are.

Funda, this type of problem is relatively common. SInce you didn't mention your LU type that is sending the "INITIATE-SELF", I assume it's either a LU type 2 or LU6.2. Regardless of the type, one thing is for certain - it's a dependent LU.

This means that the LU is dependednt upon VTAM to assist in session setup.

Once VTAM receives the INIT-SELF from the secondary LU (SLU), it will compile data including BIND Image (from the MODE TABLE), LU names, and other control vectors. This data is then placed into a Control-Initiate (CINIT) RU and passed the the PLU (CICS in your case). If all goes well, then the PLU with respond to the CINIT with a +rsp and then send out the BIND request.

However, there are many things that can go wrong here to inlude:

* CICS not having the model type to match on

* Authorization

* VTAM route issue (ER/VR)

* CICS defintion problems

* Incorrect logmode

I would suggest looking at your systems logs (VTAM,CICS messages) and running a trace (VTAM buffer) to look at the CINIT. You will usually see the error in a log message with an associated sense code. The sense code will give you more information to work with.

Good Luck!

B.K.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content