Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 3110X stack issues

Hi All,

There are several IBM Blade Centers with Cisco 3110X switches integrated into them (two stacked 3110X switches per Blade Center). These stacked switches are connected to 6500 VSS via Multiswitch EtherChannel  - one 10 Gb link from each switch forming channel. With such configuration all blade servers (inside IBM Blade Center) are successfully reachable, even when manually shutting down one 10 Gb link in the etherchannel. But there are happening weird things when powering off one switch in the stack - this is done by the means of IBM Advanced Management Module (via web interface of AMM). There are different results of powering off one switch in the stack (this procedure was done on several switch stacks, and each):

1) After powering off one switch I can successfully ping servers inside Blade Center, but cannot telnet or ping any IP address of the switch (before powering off one switch everything was Ok)

2) After powering off one switch in the stack I can successfully ping switch, but can't ping servers inside Blade Center.

3) After powering off one switch in the stack I can neither ping switch nor the servers inside the Blade Center.

So what is the benefit of switch stacks while it behaves in such way? Please, help me solve that problem.

Views
Helpful
Replies