Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Nexus 4000

dharmendra2shah
Level 1
Level 1

All,

We recently bought Cisco Nexus switches. We are testing these switch in lab environment. I found something very interesting about these switches.

We cannot create a VTP domain on this switch. I was wondering what might be the reason

NOTE: I have not intentions of virtualizing these switches.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Ds

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

None of the Nexus platforms supported VTP until version 4.1... it looks like the 4000 is the exception to this and doesn't yet have support. See this :http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus4000/nexus4000_i/sw/configuration/guide/rel_4_1_2_E1_1/VLANs.html#wp1168819

Even those that have VTP support only have 'transparent' mode to allow VTP to pass through the switch, so that an existing VTP domain doesn't get split.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts....

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

None of the Nexus platforms supported VTP until version 4.1... it looks like the 4000 is the exception to this and doesn't yet have support. See this :http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus4000/nexus4000_i/sw/configuration/guide/rel_4_1_2_E1_1/VLANs.html#wp1168819

Even those that have VTP support only have 'transparent' mode to allow VTP to pass through the switch, so that an existing VTP domain doesn't get split.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts....

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron !!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: