Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

cisco nexus 7009 10g interface down when connect

Hi,

I have installed 2 x cisco nexus 7009 at two seperate datacenter location with the same building. As I am configuing the vPC, I would need to link up the 2 x nexus 7009. However, when I linked up the 2 x nexus 7009 via the 10g port, the port is always down. I have unshuted the port but the issue still persist. There are fiber patch panel in between the 2 x nexus for the nexus to terminite in order for the nexus interconnectivity.I have purchaded the 10GBASE-X X2 Transceivers (10GBASE-SR). Can anyone advice what could be the reason for that?

Thks and Rgds

• Server Networking
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: cisco nexus 7009 10g interface down when connect

It would be a lots of reasons. X2-10GB-SR is running on MMF, if you cabling plan is single mode (SM), it will not work. Also it would be a distance problem, the max distance for SR is 400M.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps5455/ps6574/product_data_sheet0900aecd801f92aa.html

HTH,

jerry

cisco nexus 7009 10g interface down when connect

Hi Jeye,

Thanks for sharing the information. I will get the cabling vendor to check on the infra.

Rgds

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.