Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCS "Configure Evaluate Association"

orcun usturali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there ,

we have been using Cisco UCS with B22_m3 and B222_m3 series for a while.We  use updating template and added new vlans to our system .

But when i applied the service-profile , it does not get associated with my servers at the moment.It says "Configure Evaluate Association" and in progress for a long time.

any ideas with this??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I can give you some commands to get the output of the DME and other internal components that can tell us what the system is doing behind the scenes but the output will be recursive and too long to be pasted here... can you open a TAC case? If not, can you see if other servers have applied the vlan to their interfaces ? (trying to isolate the issue here...) 

-Kenny

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Can you go to the General tab, pull KVM and see what the server is really doing?  I see it only registers 8 tries at the time the screenshot was taken so it does not look like a lot of time.

-Kenny

hi Keny,

it has been more then 3 months, we completely forgotten that ,

The servers are operational at the moment ,and lots of virtual machines on them.

But the required vlans does get applied to the hosts..

where do you see the vlan is not added?  are you checking the running config of the veth from nxos?  If so, can you share that and the vlan ID in question?

-Kenny

from the nxos output as can be seen below ,but we had added more vlans , but not apllied  ,for example vlan 303,331 and 504 

interface Vethernet776

description server 1/4, VNIC EsxProdB

switchport mode trunk

untagged cos 4

no pinning server sticky

pinning server pinning-failure link-down

switchport trunk native vlan 1000

switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,110-112,115,125,200,301,400-401,507,509,603-605,1000

bind interface port-channel1288 channel 776

service-policy type queuing input org-root/ep-qos-GoldByOrcProd

no shutdown

Are you using UCS Central? and do you see any pending activities in UCSM?

-Kenny

no  ucs central

just one ucs chassis at the moment

I can give you some commands to get the output of the DME and other internal components that can tell us what the system is doing behind the scenes but the output will be recursive and too long to be pasted here... can you open a TAC case? If not, can you see if other servers have applied the vlan to their interfaces ? (trying to isolate the issue here...) 

-Kenny

it is not applied to any of the servers, they are all in the same situation when we look at them .

also from the nxos , i can see that it is not applied.

I am not sure about the TAC case, i have to look for it

ok.. TAC can do some live debugging of internal communication to see where the update is getting stuck or who is not pushing it.

Good luck!

-Kenny

Ok 

thank you for your interest

have a nice day

Pleasure to help...  You have a nice day too.

-Kenny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: