Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco VSG and ASA 1000v integration/design

Hello Guys,

I found an interesting vPath behavior in VSG with ASA 1000v deployement on ESXi cluster.

ASA 1000v have 2 interfaces only for data (Inside and Outside).

When you want to enable the vPath for the ASA, you should apply vservice node type asa on the port-profile of your virtual machines, when you do this step, you lose the VSG policy for those virtual machines.

I decided to create 3 port-profiles, 2 for virtual machines (to send some to VSG and some for ASA 1000v), and 1 port-profile for ASA inside interface, when I apply the vservice command under ASA inside port-profile, the ASA doesn't permit the traffic proprly with the defined policies (although the ASA is able to ping and receive icmp from the VMs).

I appreciate if someone can clarify this point or have some insight on this subject.

Kind Regards

Mohammed Khair

Mohammed Khair Khomakho CCIE Routing and Switching #26682
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

You need to use vpath service chaining if you want to use VSG/ASA together. Below link has information about the service chaining:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/vsg/sw/4_2_1_VSG_1_4_1/video/cisco_vsg_service_chaining_part01.html

Thanks,

Vinod

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

You need to use vpath service chaining if you want to use VSG/ASA together. Below link has information about the service chaining:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/vsg/sw/4_2_1_VSG_1_4_1/video/cisco_vsg_service_chaining_part01.html

Thanks,

Vinod

Thank you very much Vinod, that is exactly what I looking for

Mohammed Khair Khomakho CCIE Routing and Switching #26682
Views
Helpful
Replies