cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Confirmation on if the VEM is uninstalled?

kuber.sharma
Level 1
Level 1

I was trying to remove a VEM from one of the ESXi 4.1 host using the following command:

esxcli software vib remove -n cisco-vem-v140-esx --maintenance-mode

but kept getting the following error:

Errors:

Unknown Namespace software

I then tried the running

vem-remove -d

which ran fine and the output (attached) said both unload and removing the VIB.

Now when I run vem status it says no vem found.

Also when I run "esxupdate --vib-view query | grep cisco" now, it shows the module asUninstalled.

I just want a confimation that this VEM would still not play around ...say in case the server rebooted.

If anyone can point me towards a Cisco document which talks about the process of VEM Unistallation, it would highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

K

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That should do it.

There is a developer options with I think -s or -r that will clean out more stuff but as long as you have removed the host from the N1KV DVS in vCenter and run vem-remove you should be fine.

louis

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have posted this in the wrong forum.  To get better help, move it to the server network forum.

kuber.sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Any help?

That should do it.

There is a developer options with I think -s or -r that will clean out more stuff but as long as you have removed the host from the N1KV DVS in vCenter and run vem-remove you should be fine.

louis

Thanks alot for the reply, Louis.

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: