cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS trouble (disk full without useful file)

danilodicesare
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i've got problem with CSS 11150 SW Version: 5.00 Build 63, so i can try to upgrade OS of CSS but after 3 timeout in uploading the disk was full with a part of the OS (i've tried 3 times...). SO now i have not idea about how can i clean the disk...i'm sure i've got a lots useless file but i don't know how see and erase them. How you can see (see below) just one uncompressed OS is present on the system....may you help me?

THK a lot

cssA# show disk

Disk Size: 216 MB

Disk Free: 2 MB

Bad Cluster Count: 0

File Count: 648

Directory Count: 103

cssA# show installed-software

ap0500063

2 Replies 2

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

I think as you know that, by default, the CSS saves boot and subsystem event log messages to log files on the hard or Flash disk. The content of these files is recorded in ASCII text. You can also configure the CSS to send log messages to an active CSS session, email address, or another host system. The maximum size of a local log file is 50 MB for hard disk-based systems and 10 MB for Flash disk-based systems.

On some systems, after deleting a file, you have to use a form of "shrink" command to enable device to use available space. I don't know if that's the case with CSS though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: