Views
Helpful
Replies

Data Center Traffic Analysis

nayyarh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm in the process of re-designing the VLAN structure of our DataCenter. I thought it would be neccessary to have some stats showing traffic patterns btw Servers and the Enterprise. This would help me come up with an optimal design. Does any body have any idea's how I could accomplish this without impacting performance significantly.

Thanx

Rgds,

NY

6 Replies 6

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

In u r servers which os flavour r u using ???

regds

prem

UNIX and Windows 2000

dixho
Level 6
Level 6

You can identify the traffic distribution by using "show interface accounting". The stats in "show interface accounting" is clear by using command "clear counter ."

You can further analyze IP traffic distribution by Netflow switching. Please go to the following URL for Netflow switching:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fswtch_c/swprt2/index.htm

hi

thks dix this is a very useful one to analyze the local lan traffic ...

regds

prem

ricky.morgan
Level 1
Level 1

I have used MTRG to gather stats on traffic at the port level and have noticed no impact on the network. there are a number of free and pay products some for linux and windows try one and see what you think.

excuse me it is MRTG not mtrg.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: