Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP config missing from N7k start-up config

graham-lewis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a strange situation with the start-up config on a pair of Nexus 7010s running 5.1(3). I save the running config to start up in the usual way – copy run start – and then some time later (I’m talking hours or days here) all DHCP config is missing from the start up config. It’s fine in the running config. I initially thought only one of our aggregation switches was affected but over the Christmas break the other is exhibiting exactly the same issue. Has anyone else experienced this weird behaviour?

Stuff that’s missing:

+ feature dhcp

+ service dhcp

+ ip dhcp relay

interface Vlan1062

+   ip dhcp relay address 172.17.62.25

TIA,

Graham

5 Replies 5

tiwang
Level 3
Level 3

hi graham

not sure (I havent received my first nx 7k yet ) but - everything on nx 7k is licensed - but you get a test-period first where you can test the features - and this is also the L3 features would I expect - have you liensed it?

best regards /ti

Hi ti,

Thanks for the quick reply. We have an Advanced Services licence so I don't think that's the issue. DHCP relay doesn't stop working it's just the DHCP config is missing in the start-up config. BTW we only use DHCP for testing as all our servers have static addresses so it's not a big issue - just weird!

Cheers,

Graham

hi again

hmm - sure?

Package

Content

Base package

Provides a rich feature set appropriate for most data center requirements

Enterprise package

Provides incremental functions available only with the Enterprise license:

• IP routing

• OSPFv2 and v3 (IPv4 and v6)

• IS-IS Protocol (IPv4)

• BGP (IPv4 and v6)

• EIGRP (IPv4 and v6)

• IP Multicast

• PIM: Sparse, Bidir, Any-Source Multicast (ASM), and Source-Specific Multicast (SSM) modes (IPv4 and v6)

• Multicast Source Discovery Protocol (MSDP) (IPv4)

• PBR (IPv4 and v6)

• GRE tunnels

Advanced LAN package

Enables use of the following functions in Cisco NX-OS

• VDCs

• Cisco TrustSec

Sorry, I should have said we have Enterprise too.

Cheers,

Graham

The TAC have identified a bug for this, so at least it's not just me!

CSCti42439

NX-OS: Several features only shown in startup-config for one user
Symptom:

Several NX-OS features are only displayed  in the startup-configuration for the user which most recently saved the  configuration. This causes a problem for network management software  which is comparing the startup and running configurations. The  running-configuration is always displayed correctly.

Conditions:

- No specific conditions.

Workaround:

-  None known. The last user to save the configuration can view the  correct startup-config, this defect does not affect operation.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: