Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DHCP Snooping Implementation

I'm in the process of implementing DHCP snooping for a customer. I'm looking for some information on how many databases I should implement for a campus of 95 3750 switches and 20 6509s. Or do I need to have a single database per switch? Also, what kind of load will the switches communicating with the database create on a TFTP or FTP server? I'm guessing the switches will only hit the TFTP server in the event they are rebooted. Any guidance will be appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: DHCP Snooping Implementation

4 REPLIES
Silver

Hi - not really sure I understand your question. The DHCP snooping database or table is local to the switch, and is build dynamically for each VLAN where DHCP snooping is enabled. Check http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080435791.html#wp1114389

I'm not sure the question is fully understood but DHCP snooping is implemented on ACCESS layer switches that the end-users are *directly connected* into.

Be sure to do "dhcp trust" ports on the uplink of the access switch.

Pretty simple, Read the link that others have posted previously. But essentially, its a two step process. 1. enable globally 2. enable dhcp trust ports.

Bronze

hi

to find out the number of databases to use i think an understanding of why use DHCP snooping is required!!

as i know the dhcp snooping is used to mitigate arp spoofing,how that? i.e in the case of a mac-address claiming having an ip-address ,the ios check with the dhcp binding database to verify if that is true or not, so which DHCP ?? is the one to it the mac-address registred with to get an IP-address, if you are using 10 DHCP server so you need 10 databases.

HTH

PLS rate if it does helps

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content