cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DLSW Connectiivity Testing in a lab enviroment

dstoddard
Level 1
Level 1

What is the best/easiest way ot test DLSW connectivity in a lab environment? Can this be done with MS PC's using Netbios? I've been trying this, attempting to bridge two ethernet segments using DLSW & am unable to establish any Netbios connectivity between the 2 MS PC's.

3 Replies 3

rsissons
Level 5
Level 5

You should be able to use netbios to verify DLSW connectivity although you will not see circuits in the routers for netbios.

You can also use the router DSPU functionality even without a mainframe, to verify DLSW SNA connectivity, by configuring the

DSPU HOST

function on one router, accepting all incoming requests from downstream PUs and configuring the second router as another

DSPU HOST

to connect to the DSPU HOST in the first router over VDLC. This part of the connection will come up even though there is no upstream connectivity to a mainframe from the first router.

rgeorges
Level 1
Level 1

I'm curious to know if you managed to get this scenario to work using Microsoft PCs. I just tested this in a lab about two weeks ago without any problems. We even had a PIX in between the two DLSw routers and were testing PIX interoperability with DLSw version 1 & 2.

Install a router on each side of the ethernet. Configure DSPU host on one of the routers, and configure DSPU PU on another router. The DSPU PU router will initiate a LLC2 circuit. A useful URLs is as follows:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fibm_c/bcfpart2/bcfdspu.htm

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: