Views
Helpful
Replies

Does anyone have an opinion on data center racks

garcia
Level 1
Level 1

I need to rack some 6509s and 6513s.

I'm leaning towards purchasing the new Panduit Net-Access cabinets. Does anyone have any experience with other vendors like APC? How about cable management?

8 Replies 8

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We use Great Lakes cabinets. They do make cable management for the cabinet too.

GL840ES-2942 VERTICAL CABLE MANAGEMENT

inch
Level 3
Level 3

G'day,

I am currently using APC racks for some 6509 NEB chassis.

No real problems except you wouldnt want to have two in a rack :\

If you want to see some pictures drop me a line.

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Could you please post some photos for the 6500 with patch cords connected?

Thanks

Abd Alqader

G'day,

http://www.deakin.edu.au/~adwhite/dc_images/

there is one APC rack with a MDS9509 (all optical) and another rack with a 6k-NEB (all copper).

Not a pretty site on the copper side...

Cheers

Andrew

I'd love to see some pictures if it's not too much trouble.

Thanks,

QLDHousing
Level 1
Level 1

I would advise using 21 inch racks with fittings to support the 6500 using the 19 inch format. This will give you tones of room for vertical cable management. The Vendor is not really a problem take you pick really, but for clean and easy to manage implementation this is the way to go. I've also noted that most 6500 chassis are intended to be mounted either on a tray, or using the single rail comms racks of old.

Having used the Panduit Racks in a recent building and data center buildout, I can recommend them. They are specifically designed with cable management features tailored for the 6500 series. They are available in an open rack or a closed cabinet configuration. They are sturdy and well made. They are also four post racks and with the weight of the 6500 they can be securely mounted in the rack. If you use patch panels in the rack as well, the side mounted cable management (verticle) uses a spool system to keep the cabling under control.

Pricing is inline with other vendors.

deline
Level 1
Level 1

I have been using Chatsworth Teraframe-N cabinets in 23". They fit all of the Cisco equipment I use (65, 45, 72, 4948) very well, and have nice cable management options.

http://www.chatsworth.com/main.asp?id=343