Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DR site

Hi,

I have a primary datacenter and am planning to have another datacenter which would be the DR Site. What Cisco products should be used for having a DR Site and how can I implement it.

Best Regards,

Rahim

10 REPLIES

Re: DR site

GSS is the Cisco's solution for Data center level Disaster recovery.

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

Silver

GSS is just one part of the overall end-to-end solution. Howerver there are many other pieces to the puzzle. Here a just a few:

-SAN Replication

(powered by a storage vendor solution like EMC RecoverPoint or HP Continuous Access ... either one enabled by a Cisco MDS SAN fabric)

-Load Balancers

(provides a level of abstraction & virtualization of the application IP address and the server IP address -- thus making failing over an application to another site much easier ... ACE - CSM - CSS)

-Server Virtualization

(VMWare or VFrame - provides a level of abstraction and virtualization of the applicaion and OS from the physical server hardware -- thus making failing a server transparent to the application)

-Optical -- DWDM and CWDM

(often the best choice for a separate back-end datacenter-to-datacenter connection -- powered by a darkfiber service provider such as Above NET and Cisco ONS)

-GSS

(to provide site selection based on health as assesed by your Load Balancers)

** See attached diagram I have developed showing the end-to-end multi-datacenter solution **

I use this diagram when I have discussions with Cisco customers like yourself about how to implement multiple datacenters with the latest technology Cisco has to offer.

Hope this helps. Please give this post a quick rating ;)

-Brad

Hello Brad ,

The attached networking drawing help m ealot to design the Disaster recover site im implementing.

could u send it to me as Visio file so i can customize it . here is my address m.abuatiya@duc.com.com

Regards

Hi Brad,

Please send me the Visio version of the diagram. It would also help a great deal in my design.

My email is bwanyama@syntechug.com

Kind regards,

Bernard

Hello Brad ,

I am planning for Disaster Recovery site and Data Center Site. Your networking drawing is really helpful to design the DR site and DC site implementing.

I am planning for VFrame with VMWare ESX servers with VMotion and VDI too.

Could you please send me the Visio file, so i can customize it and share with the Netpro group too for discussions and clearing some doubts. Here is my address examples20001@yahoo.com

Regards

Visio if possible ?

Brad,

Do you have any other network design drawing between DR and DC sites. If so, it could be very helpful for me. here is my email: uugnaa_mns@yahoo.com

thanks in advance

Do you mind If I get a copy of the Visio drawing.  I always enjoy a nice template of something thats obviously very well done!   Rcoombz@me.com

Could i get a copy of the Visio Drawing?

mesa_test@yahoo.com

thanks

Could I also get a copy

mushtaq11@yahoo.com

Views
Helpful
Replies